Join the Credit Union
Become a member of Westminster Federal Credit Union today, and you can remain a member for life; regardless of where life or your career may take you. Joining the credit union is easy! Open a Primary Savings with a minimum deposit of $25, and pay your $1 membership fee, to establish your membership. Then you can take advantage of all of the great accounts, loans and services we have to offer.
Who Can Join
Membership is open to the following:
- Anyone who works or volunteers for the cities of Westminster, Arvada or Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Anyone who works for APEX or the Arvada Fire Protection District
- Anyone who joins the Consumers United Association
- Immediate family of a current WFCU member (Spouse, Parents, Grandparents, In-laws, Siblings, Children, Grandchildren)
How to Join
To join the credit union, please visit our branch during business hours to complete your membership application. You will need a valid government-issued ID and the initial deposit to fund your account(s). When you open your Primary Savings, you can also open a free Checking, additional Savings account and/or apply for a loan.
The Credit Union Difference
Unlike banks, we are a not-for-profit institution. Instead of having stockholders, each member owns a share of the credit union. A volunteer Board of Directors, elected by the members, oversees credit union operations and ensures the credit union fulfills the purpose of "people helping people". Since there are no stockholders to pay; any profits (after paying all operational expenses) are returned back to the credit union in the form of lower loan rates, higher savings rates, lower fees and enhancements to service and technology.
Westminster FCU has been serving the local community since 1960. Originally founded by 12 Westminster Volunteer Fireman, the "office" was a drawer in the desk of the City Manager's Secretary. Soon after; the police, parks and the rest of the city of Westminster joined the credit union.
WFCU continued to grow as Foothills Community Church was added as a Select Employee Group. In November 2009, Members Advantage FCU merged into WFCU, adding the cities of Arvada and Wheat Ridge as eligible for membership.
Operating from our current location since 2001, we are now a full-service financial institution; offering everything from checking and IRAs to auto loans and mortgages.
To educate the membership, promote financial responsibility, and to provide services at competitive rates and terms, while maintaining long-term stability.
- Respect – We will treat others professionally and with respect. We will value others’ time, skills, views and contributions. We respect ourselves and maintain a professional conduct.
- Member Experience – Our members are number one and to us they are people, not numbers. We know this is our niche in the financial services market.
- Honesty – We are committed to truthfulness and open communication.
- Image – We believe the image of the credit union must be of the highest level.